Copperas Cove, TX — An afternoon fire at an apartment complex in Copperas Cove yesterday has completely destroyed the building.
When we showed up this morning the embers were still smoldering.
The high wind on Monday sure didn't help the firefight.
Clean-up crews were removing much of what was left at the building on 300 Sunset Ln.
Luckily, the building was vacant and had nobody inside during the fire.
The Copperas Cove Fire Department is still investigating how the blaze started but neighbors nearby think a homeless person using the building for shelter and warmth may have started it.