Temple, TX — Col. Tara Osborn, presiding judge in the U.S. vs. Maj. Nidal M. Hasan case, has set the next dates for a pretrial hearing in the court-martial from Jan. 30 to Feb. 1.
During these hearings the judge will reconsider the following issues, all previously litigated in the Hasan court-martial:
1) Should the defense receive the services of a media analyst at government expense,
2) Should the defense receive defense initiated victim outreach services at government expense,
3) Should previous protective orders be modified,
4) Should the capital referral be set aside because of alleged violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice Article 36 (concerning the President's rule-making authority) and the Constitution's Equal Protection Clause, and
5) A defense request for appropriate relief concerning the UCMJ's Article 45(b).
The pre-trial hearings will begin at 10 a.m. each day.