• Research and create local news story line.
• Shoot, produce and edit local news stories or video daily, includes live from the field reporting.
• Skilled in ad-lib presentations during live shots from remote locations.
• Various job duties could include, but not limited to, producing and editing material of local newscasts, shooting of footage, copy writing, event staffing and anchoring.
• Produce content for the web.
• Assists the Promotions and Production departments to turn out final product for broadcast.
• Perform other responsibilities as directed.
• Must be an excellent communicator.
• Possess good writing and research skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
• Must be accurate, thorough, detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Must have good problem solving ability and be resourceful, work well with little supervision.
• Being a team player is important to be successful in this position.
• Computer Skills a must. Producing experience is a plus.
• Candidates need to have at least one year of experience--or a 'hands-on" internship program so you have the basics and can hit the ground running.
• Adapt to rapid changes and deadlines, have flexible hours to include evenings and weekends.
• Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a MVR background check.
• Lift and/or carry equipment averaging 10-30 pounds.
• Willingness to learn and advance.
Please send tape and resume to our sister station KFXK:
4300 Richmond Road
Tyler, Texas 75703
KWKT FOX 44 / KYLE FOX 28 is an equal opportunity employer and hires employees based on their experience, talent and qualifications for the job. Discrimination or harassment based on race, sex, religion, creed, color national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected classification is strictly prohibited.