School evacuated in Dallas

POSTED: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 - 6:51pm
UPDATED: Friday, April 13, 2012 - 9:53am

DALLAS - An elementary school in Dallas evacuated after an employee opened an envelope with a suspicious powder inside.

The employee of Ethridge Elementary in Garland was taken to a local hospital after opening the envelope.

Officials decided to evacuate the school while experts checked out the situation.

Students eventually returned to school after hazmat crews finished their investigation.

No students were injuried.

Officials remain unclear of what the powder substance turned out to be, but they say it is non-toxic.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment