Killeen man charged with Aggravated Assault after 15 hour stand-off with cops

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 5:12pm

A Killeen man is charged with Aggravated Assault in connection with a stand-off he had with police for more than 15 hours into the early hours on Monday.

This case was reviewed by the Bell County District Attorney’s Office and a complaint was issued charging Sean Michael Denny with Aggravated Assault.  He was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Garland Potvin who set his bond at $100,000; he is currently in the Bell County Jail.

On Sunday, Denny allegedly held police at bay for more than fifteen hours on Tatonka Drive, while threatening to harm himself.

Officers received information in reference to an assault that occurred during a domestic dispute at 3604 Tatonka Drive.  As they were speaking with the female victim, information was received that the male was threatening to harm himself.  Officers responded to the residence on Tatonka Drive. at approximately 1:30 p.m. to check his welfare.  Officer’s attempted to speak with the Denny, who refused to come out of the house and barricaded himself inside.  There was information that he had weapons inside the residence and the Tactical Response Unit was deployed.  Members of the Tactical Response Unit arrived and began evacuating nearby residents.  The officers began making negotiations with the male off and on throughout the day, attempting to get him to come out of his residence to speak with them.

Just before 10:00 p.m., the residents who were evacuated from their homes, were directed to the Killeen Community Center located at 2201 E. VMB until this standoff ended.

Officers continued a dialogue with Denny through the evening hours into the early morning hours until he was taken into custody without incident at 4:56 a.m.  He was transported to the Killeen City Jail and charged with Assault.  

The Killeen Police Department would like to thank all those who were evacuated from their homes, for their cooperation and understanding throughout this entire incident.  This standoff concluded peacefully and without further injuries.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment