UPDATED: Friday, June 14, 2013 - 9:55pm
Oenaville, TX — The Wednesday morning fire that left a Oenaville family of three homeless was ignited by an electrical short.
Bell County Fire Marshall Steven Casey speculated the same while first scouring over the house’s burned remains Wednesday morning.
The fire was fought by volunteer fire crews from Oenaville, Troy, Rodgers and Little River.
The lamp was connected to an electrical outlet in the living room.
The house was built in the 1940’s.
Casey said it's wise for any owner of an older home to have a professional inspection of the structure.
Many modern electronics do not work well with older electrical systems.
The family was given shelter by the Red Cross. Luckily there were no injuries resulting from the fire.