UPDATED: Monday, December 30, 2013 - 10:58pm
Lake Belton, TX — A family of four is now without a home and is mourning the loss of two dogs after a fire ripped through their house early Monday morning near Lake Belton.
The Sparta Volunteer Fire Department arrived around 12:45 a.m. Monday to the house in the 6300 block of Eagle Point Main Street near Lake Belton.
Chief Robbie Taylor of Sparta VFD said Central Bell County Fire & Rescue and the Stillhouse Volunteer Fire Department also joined to fight the fire which was finally contained nearly nine hours later.
The family was alerted by smoke alarms and were able to leave without injury. The fire is believed to have started in the garage.