UPDATED: Friday, April 13, 2012 - 8:54am
WACO -- A family of 8 has been displaced after their home was destroyed by a fire early this morning.
It happened around 3 this morning at the 1600 Block of Pine Avenue in a wood-framed house.
Four adults and four children were in the home at the time and while they all got out, only 5 of the 8 were unharmed.
"Apparently the family lit a candle for their religious ceremony and was going to leave it lit and apparently it fell off of the mantle on to a couch. The family noticed the couch was on fire and they attempted to move the couch outside," Jeff Wilhelm with the Waco Fire Department said.
In doing so, three people were burned. Two had minor burns to their faces and the other had severe burns to her arms and legs.
She has been sent to Parkland burn unit in Dallas.